Central Service Specialist
Department: Central Administration
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Full or Part Time: Full-Time
Telecommute Position: No
This position is primarily responsible for answering phones and taking information on new incidents/injuries, emailing case information to nurses, assists with case assignment, working with company database (DeLCom), and other various administrative tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answer phones and take information on new incidents/injuries. Distribute information to a Nurse Case Manager.
- Answer and screen phone calls and transfer calls to appropriate individuals; answer questions as needed.
- Contact and interface with medical clinics for confidential medical information, when needed.
- Prepare and scan medical documents and mail correspondents to clients.
- Input confidential medical data into Company Database.
- File documents and send packages, as needed.
- Provide administrative support to other departments as directed by Supervisor.
- Be available for other duties and responsibilities, not mentioned above, that provide support to Axiom and our clients.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ethics - Upholds Axiom’s Mission, Vision, and Values; Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works ethically and with integrity.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Administrative Experience; Customer Service Experience; Ability to work in fast paced environment with various departments; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to speak English fluently. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of: Internet Software; Spreadsheet Software (Excel); Word Processing Software (Word); Electronic Mail Software (Outlook); Presentation software (PowerPoint). Possess general knowledge and capability of computer skills with focus on Microsoft Suite.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is rarely required to stand or walk as a routine function of the job. Computer/keyboard and telephone skills are a frequent function during their shift. The employee is rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, rarely lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and is never required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to view the computer monitor. Distance vision is required to drive occasionally to client locations and offsite business meetings. Therefore, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception are required for driving.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the office environment is between 45 – 60 dbA TWA.