Department: Information Technology
Location: Sandy, UT
Full or Part Time: Full-Time
Telecommute Position: No
This position is primarily responsible for assisting employees with technical issues and supporting user workstations at Axiom by performing the following duties personally.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
A minimum of 1 years’ experience as a Help Desk Technician. Experience can be supplemented by the following relevant education: Technical Certifications (1 year), Associate’s Degree (1 year), Bachelor’s Degree (2 years).
Experience with these technologies is required:
- Windows (currently supported versions)
- Microsoft Office Products
- Desktop/Laptop hardware
- Print/Scan/Fax hardware
- Basic network knowledge
- Help desk/ticketing software
- End user remote support
Experience with these technologies is helpful but not required:
- Active Directory
- PBX/Phone system administration
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists with the supporting internal employees with technical issues. Works with end users over the phone and through ticketing system. Prepares workstations, phones and other IT equipment for use by end users. Maintain inventory of IT equipment.
- Performs day to day tasks and checklists.
- Provide technical support to Axiom staff both during regular business hours and after hours if on call (rotating on call schedule).
- Be available for other duties and responsibilities, not mentioned above, that provide support to Axiom and our clients.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ethics - Understands and is committed to Axiom’s Mission, Vision and Values. Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works ethically with integrity.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Change Management - Assists in the development of workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment- free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism -Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality -Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry – as it relates to computer science and technology Ability to create, produce, understand and interpret graphs, spreadsheets and queries.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Knowledge of troubleshooting technical issues in a Windows environment; End user technical support experience.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Rarely, the employee may be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the office environment is between 45 – 60 dbA TWA.
Axiom's corporate office is located in The Woodlands, TX, just north of Houston. You would be required to travel to this office for your initial two weeks of training and onboarding so we may accumulate to our culture, introduce you to your fellow employees, and provide background information for each and every department so that you fully understand how everyone works together towards Axiom’s goals. All travel would be paid for and arranged by Axiom.